Quote:

I've been to this event when it was just starting out and when it was at it's peak.

I tried to hang in there and support the show as much as possible, but a big disappointment as mentioned throughout several post and threads, is the weather. It seems like you are almost guaranteed at least one rainy day in the latter parts of May weekends.

For me, the bigger disappointment has been the request by Raceway Park management for ideas to revive the event, but never putting the suggestions into practice.

I really have to vehemently disagree with you on this one.
When I did have a hand in this event a few years ago I did come on this forum and asked for help. I got a lot of great suggestions ( I also got a lot of crap from the same haters that are still here today) and went to work. We brought back the Cruise to Freehold.....one car showed up. We brought in a live band. They played for a crowd of about ten people. We promoted a burnout contest with a prize of two race tires. I think that we had something like two cars entered by 4 p.m.. Then there was the Raceway Park sponsored ten thousand dollar HEMI A body Shootout. Do you remember how well that went? We had what, 5 cars? The Hemi A Body drivers led by Ken Montgomery, Bullet Bob Reed,and others had an audience of 10 for their Q&A session in the air conditioned tower on a hot day. Then there was the Mopar crate engine give away. Out of the 3 thousand people that were eligible to enter the contest by filling out a survey form only 12 hundred did. Galen Govier was still coming to the event at that time. I sat in on his seminar with 4 other people.
Disheartening? You bet. But please, don't say that we ignored all of your feed back. Simply not even close to being true.
WF