Quote:

Mr HEMIFRED, have you found your problem yet? Mine is doing the same thing as yours. We even pressure bleed them,no air in system no pedal. When we get all the air out it feels like it has a pedal,but when you push it down to the floor it goes. New master cylinder,new hard line to the rear,new calipers(all Wilwood). I just replaced the 2 braided steel brake lines to the calipers,will bleed the system again this afternoon. I have been told the braided lines never go bad,but that is the only things I had not replaced yet. I have never run a residual valve on my dragster before,Wilwood says to have brakes I must have one. My understanding of a residual is if you do not have one the fluid can run back to the master cylinder and let the piston retract back into the calipers and you will have to pump the pedal a time or 2 to get the pedal back up. That's not my problem you can pump the pedal all day and they never hold. They are like yours block off any line and they hold.

Hope you have fixed your problem and can tell me the fix.

P.S. I am sure you check this also,with one of the lines unhooked to the caliper when you push the pedal to the floor how much brake fluid come out? Mine looks like about a teaspoon full comes out.

PROBLEM IS CURED . It was due to the lack of fluid volume. We found out the master cylinder
was much too small. In looking back at the old system which we replaced it only had a single caliper up front. I found the master to be much too small with a piston size less than one inch. Now using a regular Mopar 1.125" bore. Residual valves are needed when the master is lower than the calipers.It does prevent fluid from draining back to the master.I have had experience with those before. They eliminate the first push being on the floor. But if you master is undersized like mine was I suspect your having trouble is from the same problem. You can't fill the lines and calipers with enough fluid to build any pressure.
Worn braided lines would give a soft pedal when pressure is applied from stretching whioch does not sound anything like your problem.

I am assuming that the master was bled using jumper lines first? Please let me know what you do find

home of the
Sox and Martin Hemi Duster