Quote:

Quote:

looks nice...u can see the definition of the lines under the emblem..seems like a 71-4 dash pad core was used..the chrome part on the emblem is still up for grabs....

This gave me cause for concern, so I just talked to Carol from Carolina SuperDash, and was assured that the metal frame is virtually the same between a 70 and 71-74 dash.

I've never stripped the padding off of the from before, so I wasn't sure if the metal area under the script was different between years.

The 71-74 barracuda & challenger dashpads are the same.
The 70 barracuda is just like the 71-74 pad except that it uses a script emblem.
The 70 challenger has unique shape, lines, and stitching along with a script emblem, but I think the differences are all in the foam and the vinyl, the metal part being the same as the others.

The biggest difference you'll find in the metal core is Air Conditioning vs. Non-Air Conditioning. I'm wary of any company (UR) that would cut AC holes in a Non-AC core because if the holes are cut a little off, the AC vent won't go into the dash, or won't line up with the ductwork.

I'm not aware of any issues adding or deleting stereo speakers.

Tav