Quote:

Hello. Would love to chat with a 68 Charger owner who has updated their charging system from old volt. reg. and single field alt to the '70 charging system. I have the components for the switchover (brand new '70 volt. reg. with the 2 wire plug in, 60amp dual field alt.) but I am having technical difficulties in getting system to now charge.

Question #1: The original green field wire goes to the green wire on the newer '70 volt. reg. plug. Where does the other field wire connect to? Does it HAVE to be grounded to alt or can it hook up somewhere and be functionable?

You dont ground it. It is keyed 12 volts. The blue wire to the regulator is the same circuit to the alternator.

Question #2: The '68 Charger has a drk bl wire and a drk bl wire w/tracer going to ign side of old volt. reg. Do these two wires now go to ign side of newer '70 volt. reg.?

As long as they are keyed 12 volts yes.

In the near future, I will purchase the new wiring harness from Y.O. but for now, can someone out there who's been down this road steer me in the right direction for now? Thanks so much, Joe