Quote:

Quote:

With 12.4 lbs difference in the the water pump housing, the difference between a stock intake and the aluminum Edelbrock and whatever the little dab of difference between the aluminum water pump and the stock one would be, will help some, in getting a little weight off of the front end. All the A/C stuff will be gone and the battery is going to the bed of the truck. I know the 440 is pretty heavy by itself and I'm trying to drop a little of that, if I can. Again, I appreciate the input here. Bill

Those combined changes are probably more than the difference between an RB and and LA engine. At least on the front end.
Now imagine a set of eddy or source heads.

Course you're still handicapped by the fact you're dealing with a TRUCK. What does IT weigh?

I hear ya, on the heads, but with what I've got going, I can't swing a set of heads. I've also got a slightly modded '07 Charger R/T, a (also slightly modded) '69 Plymouth GTX, an '85 Shelby Charger (Turbo) that is pretty nicely modded and some motorcycles, to include an '80 Honda CBX and an '83 Kawasaki GPZ1100. Not much money to spare, especially considering what I've already got in the Dakota and I've got to do some work on the GTX.