I don't have any problem sharing the details of my build, it's actually a pretty mild engine all things considered. I went with some expensive parts but most were certainly overkill and not required to make dependable HP on the street. Here are the basics:

Mopar Performance "Resto" 340 block, custom lightened by Ryan J at Shady Dell Machine, bushed for a roller cam later on
Iron 915 "J" heads with A LOT of port work (flow in the high 200's)
T&D rocker gear with 1.6 ratio
Stainless Ferrea valves
Beehive springs
Custom Comp Hyd. Flat Tappet cam = Gross numbers 551Intake/542exaust, I've been sworn to secrecy on the rest of the grind details
Scat Lightweight Forged 4.125 Stroker Crank
Carillo Steel Rods
ARP bolts throughout
Diamond forged lightweight pistons (9.6:1)
4972 TQ carb
Stock 1971 TQ intake with zero mods
Stock 1971 340 exhaust manifolds = Extrude Honed

I've dynod it twice now because of a head swap, the latest set of heads (detailed above) gained 20HP, TQ remained the same. Latest dyno runs made on 92 octane pump gas.

My goal was to build a FAST legal stock appearing engine that could also be run on the street with pump gas. Because of the compromise I won't be setting any FAST records but I'll certainly enjoy waxing off the locals with my "Stock" 340 Duster

*BTW, if 100% originallity is not a major concern the new RHS iron heads ported by Brian (member OU812) are a steal and will net you similar flow numbers that I got without spending a small fortune. If you build a solid lower end and have money leftover put as much money into the heads as you can, that's where the bulk of the potential HP is usually hiding, opening up your intake and exhaust to match will complete the package. After that you can hunt for the extra hidden HP in cams, timing, jet changes and other smaller tweaks. I'm not an engine builder but I've paid for a few good ones and that's been my experience.

My next engine will be a 440 cube stroker based off of a 4.25" crank and an original 340 block (a good one I have that passed a sonic check for core shift). It will be a dedicated FAST engine with all of the go fast FAST tricks (high compression, big roller cam, aluminum rods, etc.etc.).