Quote:

Yes you have to drop the valvebody , no you don't have to replace the strut , let the 5.0 lever bend it so all the parts drop onto the valvebody and you smoke the front band ... then you can change it.

YMMV

whoa there nelly. im just askin. I put the motor in last night not knowing how to change the lever v(or that I needed to change the strut). Im glad I didnt cause I would have bent that strut (they should tell you that or make a note to get the stronger strut)

I was at a point where I could still yank the motor and do a changeover easily if I wanted to and if I knew exactly what I need. now I know I dont have the right strut (i found out that I didnt have the right ratio lever by asking as well)

Now I do.

I will put it off for now and leave it as is. I'll get the re-enforced strut and exchange the 5.0 for the 4.2. then when I get the urge, I put it up on the rack, yank the tranny and do a rebuild (or have someone do it for me) I want to do it right or done right- I just dont know all the details until I ask (or finish reading this rebuild handbook)