Quote:

Quote:

The starter had to be moved on a jeep for a reason , transfer case and drive axle maybe.

True. I saw the jeep it came out of, and it had the driver side front diff.

Quote:

I don't see why you couldn't stick the guts and OD section from the jeep unit into the RE unit, you may also have to swap over the rear OD piston support , can't remember if the RE unit will have the ports for the lines from the governor which is mounted in the rear of the RH OD .

So I guess it's a matter of disassembling both, and comparing the cases to see if there are any differences

Or, in the meantime I'll keep looking for a married RH from a rig with a passenger side front diff. I could use the RE I have, but then I'd have to move my transfer case back a couple feet to make room for the short driveshaft between them

I can't think of any difference between the cases past the bellhousing, the rear piston support for the OD bolts in , Sonnax makes a modified unit and it is designed to be used in either an RH or an RE it includes 2 plugs to block the unused gov feed ports for use in an RE I used one in my 47RE .

The only parts you would really need to swap are the would be the mainshaft, not even sure if they are different, the rear support, and the OD unit. Don't know if those are lockup or not so obviously you use the front half for which ever you are using .

Not surprised that the ATS controller is expensive, everything they have is, I've been waiting for years for someone to come out with a standalone controller for the RE ...