Quote:

The starter had to be moved on a jeep for a reason , trnasfer case and drive axle maybe.

True. I saw the jeep it came out of, and it had the driver side front diff.

Quote:

I don't see why you couldn't stick the guts and OD section from the jeep unit into the RE unit, you may also have to swap over the rear OD piston support , can't remember if the RE unit will have the ports for the lines from the govener which is mounted in the rear of the RH OD .

So I guess it's a matter of disassembling both, and comparing the cases to see if there are any differences

Or, in the meantime I'll keep looking for a married RH from a rig with a passenger side front diff. I could use the RE I have, but then I'd have to move my transfer case back a couple feet to make room for the short driveshaft between them

Quote:

wow you get around for projects.

I suppose this will be one I will get in line for.

I was aware 2 companies sell a stand alone controler for the 518 re. but one doesn't guarantee it works, the other I have only seen online someone got one from them.
not sure on cost.

Yea, this could turn out to be a can of worms The fan controller is a priority though. This is at least a few months away, if there turns out to be enough interest.

I did just find that ATS Diesel appears to make a controller for the 47RE. Doesn't appear to be cheap though I also saw that megasquirt has some sort of transmission controller that may or may not be adaptable to work, but it kinda sounded like a kludge to get working. But anyways, if it looks promising, I'll start another thread about the controller later.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.