Quote:

Has anybody here ever tried to shim or make spacers between the K-Frame and body for extra hood clearance? This is for my 69 Charger, and I'm being told that my RB440 w/Indy intake will not clear the stock hood. However, Nick at Compuflow told me it would. I thought I had an Indy 2-D intake, but it's the Indy single plane. I hope I don't have to change out my already powder coated brand new, milled MW port intake.......

i have 2 chargers and 2 cudas. i have to use a k&n flow control, drop aircleaner in all the cars. that is even using the indy dualplane. the singleplane is about 1 1/2" taller. they will not fit under any of my stock hoods. i do not know your combo, but that dualplane is the best one made. i have dynoed many intakes, and it almost always makes more torque. i even have one for my 580" motor.

you might consider the mopar 337 manifold. it is a singleplane and will fit under the hood. it is very close to the performance of the indy. i have also dynoed both of them. again it all depends on the combo. i'm assuming you have a 500" motor?

68 cuda formula S 588" bb 5sp
70 CUDA CONVERT 500" 5SP (SUBLIME)
70 CUDA CONVERT 500" 5SP (PLUMCRAZY):TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!