Quote:

Quote:

Did exactly that very procedure, a procedure I have done many times before with consistent success. I also have a second muscle head person assisting and we have done the procedure several times with the same results from 1/2 turn to 3/4 turn preload. No change, we're stumped.

I agree posted above my push rod length probably can have some fair tolerance for length as long as the geometry with the rocker is right and adjuster falls in its correct range.
Looking again at this sharp grade very short duration 564 high lift cam, could my lifters be skipping... catching air (per-say), I ponder would stronger springs keep them planted and reduce the rocker noise?

What is the open load of the springs that are in use ? Have they been rechecked with a gage against the spec they say they are ? On a xe274 I used 120 on the seat and close too 300 open load I believe and that is good for rpm up too 5,500.

logan426

The springs are what comes on the Edelbrock Performance heads, all I could find is the springs are 120-pounds seat load at the as-delivered installed height of 1.880 inches, and can handle up to .600-inch lift. I can't find an open load spec.

I also checked Comp Cams web site, I could not find a recommended spring for the cam. May have to call to get it. The heads are assembled new out of the box.

Last edited by wolfe440; 03/10/11 06:13 PM.