Quote:

I should have worded it a little different, I was basically saying you need to get it to that point before you change the length of the push rod after adding rocker bars shims to correct tip contact point.
You should have read the rest of my post and also hi-lighted where I said to use rocker bar shims to change the contact point on the valve stem tip.
Always use the correct length push rod never a shorter one, your goal here is to correct the geometry on the rocker motion all the way through the cam cycle. Short push rods on adjustable valve trains cause many issues and one is it puts a trememdous side load on ball adjusters especially on small blocks.

I read your whole post and I know what you're saying. However, trying to get perfect geometry on anything but an all out race motor is for the most part an effort in futility, particularly for anyone but a specialized Mopar engine builder with access to a wide variety of parts. To do it "right" you need the rocker to be perfect - anything else is just a band-aid. For example, let's say the contact point on the valve tip is to the outside and needs to be moved in. The only options here are a) swap rockers b) add lashcaps c) mill the pedestals. If the contact point is towards the inside, the options are a) swap rockers or b) add shims. The problem with shims is that they're consistent in thickness so the shafts don't seat properly in the pedestals once they're installed. You've solved one problem but now you have another. And since the perfect geometry is tagetted at the midpoint of lift, it all goes out the window if you switch to a bigger or smaller cam.

As for the pushrod length affecting side loads on the adjuster, again, in an all out race motor with a huge cam I'm in total agreement with you. But with a cam such as the OP is using and the subsequent rocker angle, the difference in the sideloads on the adjusters would be minimal and well within their operating parameters with a slightly shorter-than-perfect pushrod.

The bottom line is that if the OP has to order pushrods he may as well do it right and order the perfect length. All I'm saying is if he has a set or access to a set that's slightly shorter, they'll do just fine in his application.