Quote:

I forgot to add there is also a huge bog when the secondaries kick open. I went back to box stock jetting, Even at 3500rpm, it will fall on its face for a second or two. It won't even break the tires loose if ya give it a stall and try to launch it. It's also getting about 8mpg.

Don't forget about squirter size when trying to get rid of a bog/hesitation. Also the counterweights can be ground off to lighten them up and get better response on the secondaries.

The Carter 9636 seemed to have a slight part throttle hesitation which I always felt was from the counterweights on my old Duster340-4spd. My present carb an Edelbrock 750cfm #1407 has excellent response from a stop or part throttle.No problem lighting the tires up at all.

Today's crappy fuel does have alot to do with hot start problems. I use a 1" plastic 4-hole spacer on top of a Weiand Stealth hi-rise but I have plenty of room due to the six-pack scoop. In hot weather hot restarts I normally hold the gas pedal down some.

1970 FE5 Duster 360/904/3.91's SOLD 1973 TB3 SpaceDuster 340/4spd/4.10's SOLD Moparless for now but when the opportunity is right I'll have another one.