Its ALIVE.... AGAIN!
Someone once told me that quite often, electrical problems turn out to be something simple.
I didnt want to keep cranking on the motor UNTIL it got spark, so I took 2 other distributors to test on the cars wiring. I used a spare cap and wires with used spark plugs in them with the distributor laying on the motor. I spun the dist. shaft and got spark from all the plugs laying on the intake. I stepped away for a moment and tried again. NOTHING. This was interesting. I have 3 distributors doing the same thing...intermittent spark. I decided to unwrap the wiring to look for tears in the insulation or anything obvious. The blue wire from the ECM to the ballast had a loose contact at the solderless connector at the Ballast resistor. I fixed it, but the symptoms remained. The plug into the black ECM seemed wonky, so I put another ECM in. The terminals on the black one were a little bent, which probably made the plug fit wierd. I went over all the connections again, looking for any potential problem areas, but everything else looked great. I got in and it fired up easily! After a warm up, I went out on the road. I laid into it after a mile or so and the throttle stuck! I smashed it a couple times and it popped it loose. I put 10 miles on it without being able to floor it, but I did lay into in about half throttle. It sounds great, idles great and feels strong. At home I played with the throttle cable and bracket and the "sticky" is gone. Rain started to fall so I had to call it a day. I cant be driving this car sideways in traffic during rainstorms. Thats what my $1500 67 Dart is for!
Thanks for the help guys... I'm sure the suggestions sunk in to the point where they seemed like my own ideas.....

6530530-00000007.JPG (106 downloads)