The key got left on, on our old fork/lift truck last year and it fried the pertronics in the dist. So I start calling around for another one and hardly anyone who I talked to at the parts stores knew what I was asking for. I wound up buying it from Summit, they carry the full line.

One of the first Pertronix conversions I did was to convert the companies 1954 Clark car lift (forktruck) over to the Ignitor I,...years of maintaining the points/condensor/cap/rotor which it went thru like wildfire, because the thing ran just about 24/7 were a PITA, I converted it in 1990, 21 yrs later it's only seen oil/filter changes, a few tire changes, and a few mechanical repairs,...but still has the same cap/rotor/plugs/and Pertronix HallCell as well as wires that I put on it in 1990, it's never failed to start/run since then,...still going with it's new owner at a scrap yard where it sits outside 24/7/365

I've played/used just about every factory or aftermarket ignition over the decades on many automotive/motorcycle/marine/industrial engines,....and I always find myself drawn back to the Pertronix line of Ignitior series ignitions,...I find that most failures of the Pertronix are those of an installation error or ignorance of it's function by others,...I've yet to see/hear of/experience a Pertronix failure personally, or of one I have installed in a customers vehicle/boat/equipment...

Regarding the points opinion,...I grew up in the era when points was all there was, that's all we drove, thats all we serviced in the garage,....And I remember all the times I was stranded with burnt point(s)/condensor, the badly carbon tracked caps/rotors, the constantly degrading ignition performance,...yeah they were awesome