Scott;

I've been running the Pertronix Ignitor systems since 1990 in my own and customers cars, with no issuses or failures....IMHO your better off going with the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion kit PN# 71381A, retails for $115, from Summit Racing, fits under the stock cap, has a RPM rev limiter,...fits into a stock Chrysler single point dist, BBlk or SmBlk, completely bolt-on, no mods needed to the dist,....I'd recommend you get rid of the ballast resistor, you could retain it for "looks" by gutting it out and soldering in a #10 wire between the connectors in the ceramic ballast, or just join the 2 ballast wires together with a double ended spade connector, and toss the ballast resistor completely,...you do need to use the Flame Thrower III coil with the unit, they have oil and epoxy filled units, chrome or black, they appear factory like in appearance,...regardless of the Pertronix system used, you need to use their line of coils if you delete the ballast from the system, (keeping the factory ballast/coil results in a 9 volt set-up,... Flame Thrower coil/ no ballast results in a 12 volt system, much prefered IMHO)I'd recommend the epoxy coil, wiring is straight forward and easy, after bolting in the module and setting the gap on the HallCell (much like putting in points) there's 2 wires that go to the coil, black to negitive, and red to positive on the coil,...just make sure the ignition lead (usually blue) from your car's harness is connected to the positive lead on the coil,...simple

Few do's and don'ts, do run a copper terminal dist cap, the mopar REPRO FACTORY tan cap is recommended, do not run an aluminum terminal cap, never gap the HallCell with anything other than the plastic feeler gauge supplied, do not run solid core ignition plug wires, do not run any MSD/Accel or other CD IGN systems with the Pertronix (not needed, plus they will destroy the HallCell), never remove the GREEN tape (magnetic) wrapped around the HallCell magnet, never leave the key on in the ighition mode without the engine running for more than 30 seconds as this will destroy the HallCell, if you must trobleshoot the ignition with the key in IGN mode for long periods of time, remove the Pertronix red/positive lead from the coil, for extended periods of testing, with the Pertronix the Bosch Platinum plugs (single or multi tip) are best plugs for the system that I've found to run,...the Petronix III is good for up to 8400 RPM,....I'd recommend you use a new/rebuilt CHRYSLER single point dist when you do the swap, the HallCell is sensitive to shaft side to side play, a worn busing/shaft will shorten the life of the HallCell,...Pertronix also offers a set of Factory looking plug wires, SM/BBlk applications....follow these simple rules/install tips and you'll find that the Petronix Ignitor series is very reliable, troublefree, experiences no ignition break up at high RPM, no more carbon tracking in the cap/rotor, easier/faster starts, hot or cold, and you can run the Bosch Platinum single or multi tipped plugs that the Factory Chrysler/MP electronic ignition or MSD CD set-ups can't even fire, let alone run...

Mike