Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The 16 and 13 series shocks are expressed in valve numbers.(They are fixed valve shocks)..An example is 1675 or 1375T. The last digit in this case represents the dampening. "5" is typically the mid-point in dampening from soft to stiff. The 32 series shocks are gas charged monotube shocks and are a good shock for hard road racing applications. They are designed for heavy usage and for road racing, will resist fading very well. Any valve code config can be developed in this series of shock. They are adjustable, single or double. The 38 series shocks are initially destined for drag racing...However, we can shape the graph to what is needed. Normally, the series of shocks you list are built with a digressive code for shelf stock...(There are some exceptions though-mostly circle track applications)

..Looking at your dyno graphs, those shocks will be significantly stiffer than OE. Also, they will provide an improvment in performance...I don't think we can determine which end these shocks were built for...Probably built to an application-what someone had some success with for the car they were working on...If you were replacing stock type shocks, these will be a ton better.

Have you ran them? If so, what results did you see?

No, I haven't ran them. The lengths are not right for the front. But probably ok for the rear in terms of physical fit.

When you mentioned 600#s before, is that rebound?

What #'s at 6 IPS would a rear shock starting point be?

With the 32 and 38 series, is there an extra cost associated with custom valving; to make them linear and in the 600# range of adjustability?

Yes, good catch (sorry about this), 600# on the rebound side of the shock.....

Rear shock settings could start at 300#. Again depends on how brave you are??? If you plan to get the most out of it, you may want more control.

Regarding revalve expense, if we have a code established already,(we have many), the charge is modest at $55.00/shock. (Linear would be in this range)...The piston is a different configuration with it's appropriate shim stack.

What #lbs shock would you suggest for a rear shock starting point to go with a 600# front?

Is their a percentage of split general rule of thumb for front to rear shock # for road race applications? Is driving experiance a factor?

I'm no pro driver, I'm on the learning curve.

Does the afco website show the off the shelf adjustment ranges and valving types for the 32 and 38 series pro touring shocks? Or in your catalog?

Last edited by autoxcuda; 02/21/11 03:40 PM.