Over the 17 years I've put 80K miles on my car. I've run 4 different brands of sway bars and 5 different brands of shocks. The stock based front end and rear leaf spring stuff is very capable. The rear lear suspension doesn't get much fanfare, but these stock replacement leaves are not made for handling.

SUSPENSION
-TORSION BARS: 1.14" 320 Lb./ft wheel rate stock .87" 109 Lb./ft, livable, pretty stiff, Hotchkis shocks were key to taming them.
-REAR SPRINGS: Hotchkis. Front segment with full length upper and two lower supporting leaves. Weigh less that stock.
-FRONT SWAY BAR: Hotchkis 1 1/4" hollow
-REAR SWAY BAR: Hotchkis adjustable ¾" dia. hollow
-SHOCKS: Hotchkis Bilstiens
-STRUT RODS: Hotchkis tubular with heim ends. Precision articulation. Can set for nice bind-free LCA up and down movement. Holds poly LCA bushing against K-frame
-A-ARMS: Hotckis Tubular. Able to dial in any caster desired.
-SUBFRAME CONNECTORS: Hotchkis
-73-76 K-member: reinforced
-STEERING STEERING GEAR: Replacement Mopar remanufactured. Large steering gear spline, crisp, firmer, but not Firm Feel
-PITMAN, IDLER, CENTERLINK: all ‘73-‘76 A-body, to accept large spline gear, Moog parts
-TIE RODS: Hotchkis heim joint ends with aluminum adjusting rod
-POWER STEERING PUMP: Saginaw with rear oriface drilled out 1/64 larger. The other Mopar pumps will not keep up with rapid steering input and are generally poor.
-POWER STEERING FLUID: Justice Brothers heavy duty, don't change often, so extra cost is cheap assurance
-POWER STEERING CAP: later style multi knobbed style with rubber baffle to stop spitting up.
-Future plans: Adding factory power steering cooler, in-line filter, and braided lines for power steering .

The Hotchkis leafs are not a stock replacement or just more leafs on a stock setup. They are made for handling. They are actually lighter units than stock.

They have a thick main leaf with two thick full length support leaf underneath to prevent axle wrapup. ALSO they have a thick upper leaf that prevent wheel hop under braking.

Look at the size of that supporting leafs spring pack!

Last edited by autoxcuda; 02/17/11 05:33 AM.