I crew chief for my buddy in his 65 chevelle running superpro a couple of times a month. 3200 pounds , 496 BBC, edelrock heads, 1050 3 circuit holley dominator(done by Promax 1.5 years ago) . We run 10 inch tires (car is not tubbed). We leave on the throttle stop at 4100 rpm, come off the throttle stop after 1.5 seconds and run 10.90 et's. We leave easy on the throttle stop to control tire spin with small tires. Car runs very consisitent and has finished top 5 the last 2 years in super pro.

But the car will cut out first pass of the day almost each race. If we put new plugs (or clean plugs) in it does not cut out. In an effort to figure out [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] is going on I put a Wide Band O2 sensor and datalogged the runs today.

A/F ratio averaged 12.7-12.8 after the 60 foot mark when the car was off the throttle stop. So the car runs good when at full throttle off the TS.

But in the water box doing the burnout, the A/F averaged 10.2-10.3, staged on the throttle stop at 4100 rpm, A/F was about 11.2-11.4. The A/F for the first 60 feet or so (still on the TS) stayed about 11.5.

So I figure the car is cutting out first pass of the day because it is too rich and the motor does not have much heat in it. Once the car has one pass and is cleaned out, it no longer cuts out.

So here is the question: What can be changed on the 3 circuit dommy to lean it out for the burn out, staging on the throttle stop, and running on the throttle stop for the first 1.5 seconds.?