I am not trying to take the easy way out and just throw it together by lining up the dots. I want it perfect and will degree it with an index wheel.

I am just trying to figure out if the degree wheel says it is off by 2 degrees how do I correct that to zero? I would think not many drill out their cam gear, elongate the attaching bolt holes (3 hole attachments), and buy a $20 offset bushing. Do they (I really don't know but would think not)? To much room for error or wrecking the timing set in my opinion. If this was common practice then offset bushings would be available on affordable timing sets as overboring the dowel hole and including even a single 2 degree offset bushing would cost manufacturers only pennies.

that leaves 2 options I can think of:
using the crank key way to adjust 2 degrees at cam (half of the 4 degree change at the crank) (installing cam gear/chain then reestablishing TDC effectively shifting the cam relative to the crank 2 degrees) or shifting cam gear ahead/behind by one link on the chain. Guessing that would change things only a degree or 2?

This is my whole point everyone says do it right with a degree wheel but then you read instructions (I've read 2 recommended assembly books and several manufacturers instructions) and they don't actually tell you how to bring it to within spec they just tell you to "adjust" and recheck......