I believe you said in your previous post ...air is diverted up/over the scoop with very little air going in...I took 'very little' to mean inadequate. Maybe you were meaning not enough for a ram effect. I am not necessarily looking for 'ram' effect, just cooler air than is under the hood and not have the entering air cause problems with the carb. I am positive that the air is disturbing the fuel signal, just trying to figure out what it is actually doing to it.

Getting cooler outside air in verses under hood air is always a winner. That part is a no brainer. If in doing so you are creating so much turbulance that it has a negative effect on performance and or you have to run a filter to fix it, that is another issue that you need to address. You shouldn't be sacrificing cool air ( or restricting flow )to fix a turbulance problem. Your scoop opening needs to be OUT of the boundery layer, not in it. Rear facing scoops usually solve that problem. They also afford a longer run ( usually ) between the scoop opening and the carb. This also will help smooth out the air as it enters the carb. Other issues that can creat problems are big cammed engines with lots of reversion going on and the carbs being too close to the top of the scoop. The more space you have between the top of the scoop and the carb opening the less turbulance you will have. Above all, get outside air in. I am not necessarily an advocate of year facing scoops ( although I run one ), but they can solve a lot of turbulance problems, without having to put the scoop opening way high to get away from turbulant air. I would also say that if my car ran fast enough ( and it don't ) to gain anything from pressure ( above 14.7 ) I would run a front facing scoop.

Also you dont need to run a tall scoop... if you
put the opening at the front of the hood you will
be in a pressure zone when traveling forward...
its that string thing(string from the front of the
hood to the roof line... any point above that string
is basically the positive pressure area... so the
farther forward you go the lower it can be