Quote:

Yoyu
Quote:

Quote:

okay I have an 440 hp motor with an casting date of 11/23/69 & a date code on pad for assy. date of F which is 1970 so my question is on balancing is the 69 440 motor balanced the same or Is one internal bal& one external I am confused I am wanting to use a 11" 143 tooth flywheel tht I have but I believe it is not balanced ????? so would this be a 70 or 69 internal motor?? is there any diff.

the casting date on the side of the block is just that , the date the block was cast , nothing more , nothing less and in the grand scheme is MEANINGLESS .

The important data is the info STAMPED on the ID pad , it has an F , 1970 model year and it's an HP , 1970 model year 440 HP's are EXTERNAL BALANCE ASSuMEing that it is still as it left the factory ? What balancer is on the front of the engine , internal or external ?

I believe that you meant to state that the 70 engines were internally ballanced.

NO , I didn't , read what you quoted , and I just put in BOLD though I should have put HP after 440 above just like I did to not add confusion , which it seems I did