Quote:

I realize the specs on cam 1 (Lunati 60301) are similar to stock. supposedly it revs to 5500 w/ power though and the HP and torque curves are "better" than stock (haven't seen these myself anywhere).

To me this suggests that the less tangible aspects of the cam (beyond duration and valve lift) must be coming into play. Presumably this relates to the lobes assymetries, greater opening rates, etc... that have advanced a lot since the MOPAR cams were developed decades ago.

Don't know what that in fact is worth. Guess you would actually need to see the torque HP curves to know for sure or ET's pre and post.

Initially, was planning on #1 as Lunati recommended that one, but after seeing some of these posts am now leaning more towards the 60302. That's why i asked here although there are 1000 other "what cam" posts. When I asked Lunati why not the 60302 my desire to use the stamped unadjustable rockers seemed to be the clincher. from what I have heard here the stock stamped rockers should not be an issue. I plan on upgrading the springs to the Comp Cams 911 or the Lunati model they recommend.

Waiting to hear back, but I believe there are no issues to worry about with either spring as far as coil bind etc.... in such a small lift cam.

also on a side not if the power range for this is 1400-5800 rpm do people really spin their 440's up that high on an otherwise stock engine? that was the other thing that kept me considering the 60301 (1000-5500 rpm range)

Thanks!

the 302 in my 383 has power from the 1,400 to about 5400 or so, it makes most of the power at least in my engine between 2200 and 5K i think the power dropping off at 5,400 has more to do with the stock small AVS and stock intake,