Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

dont post something like that, no way is it true .. tell your buddy to learn how to use a stretch gauge.. oliver is the best steel rod ..

Oliver doesn't(or didn't several years back) recommend using a rod bolt stretch gauge to tighten thier rod bolts, they wanted you to use the torque plus so many degrees method I bought s set of their steel billet rods for a blown street Hemi project, some of the rod bolts where one length and some where another, .003 differences I called them and ask about that and they said no big deal, that happens all the time One of the rod caps wasn't machine correctly for the bearing tang, they did pay to have it overnighted Fed Ex back to them and then Fed Ex by overnight back to me for no charges I would have prefered that they caught that mistake at thier faciltity instead of letting it slip through thier quality(or lack of quality control) control My opinon is Carillos are better, Olivers are not the best steel rod, or aluminum rod company out there now or in the past 1 bad rod out of a set of 8 equals 12.5 % failure rate Not acceptable in my book

its foot lbs then torque by yield ... but a good engine builder dosent just rely on that, they measure the bolts and check the stretch ...thats why oliver gives you a stretch spec, and log book is a good idea for freshing up the motor

I did measure the rod bolts, that is how I found that the bolts where .003 differences in length I ended up calling ARP and ask them which method they preffered me to use on thier bolts( Those rods had ARP 2000 bolts)They said to stretch them to .0057 to .0063 That ended up using 63 to 65 ft.lbs on the shorter ones and 75 to 78 Ft. lbs on the longer ones For the price of the rods and that companys reputation I expected all the rod bolts to be out of the same batch, (same lengths, same heat treat batch and so on) wouldn't you I thought I was going to get perfectly machined rods on all surfaces, not one rod cap that wasn't maybe that is why some motors blow up with Oliver rods and some don't

i agree if they were that bad i would have sent them back , ive never run into a set like that , another good point is there is forged olivers rods and billit olivers forged are alot cheaper$ , i always use the billit they have a wsb bolt witch is semilar to a L-19 or a carr bolt way better quality.