Quote:

Quote:

dont post something like that, no way is it true .. tell your buddy to learn how to use a stretch gauge.. oliver is the best steel rod ..

Oliver doesn't(or didn't several years back) recommend using a rod bolt stretch gauge to tighten thier rod bolts, they wanted you to use the torque plus so many degrees method I bought s set of their steel billet rods for a blown street Hemi project, some of the rod bolts where one length and some where another, .003 differences I called them and ask about that and they said no big deal, that happens all the time One of the rod caps wasn't machine correctly for the bearing tang, they did pay to have it overnighted Fed Ex back to them and then fed Ex overnighted it back to me I would have prefered that they caught that mistake at thier faciltity instead of letting it slip through thier quality(or lack of quality control) control My opinon is Carillos are better, Olivers are not the best steel rod, or aluminum rod company out there now or in the past 1 bad rod out of a set of 8 equals 12.5 % failure rate Not acceptable in my book

its foot lbs then torque by yield ... but a good engine builder dosent just rely on that, they measure the bolts and check the stretch ...thats why oliver gives you a stretch spec, and log book is a good idea for freshing up the motor