Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How do you get LA heads to oil properly with a magnum block?

drill horizontle into the rear of the head thru the threaded boss to the rear pedestal then spot face inside the pedestal in the threads to get a hole started to drill downward at an angle to meet the hor passage. Feed it from the oil psi sending port at the top rear of the block & T off of it to feed both heads. I'd have to check my notes but iirc I drilled an .080" passage at the top. This is a good mod for ANY eng as it lets you restrict the 5 vertical passages from the crank to the cam to 1/16" (drill/tap for a setscrew and drill the set screw to 1/16") as that is all the oil the cam bearings need and cam bearings are a major wasted leak point and contributes to oil starvation probs on rods fed from mains that feed the rockers from the cam (#4 on a BB)

get the right set of heads for the right block and dont have all those problems...KISS

Right set of heads is the obvious answer. I paid large for those heads and the world changed. I tried to sell them and got very ridiculous offers. Heads that support over 500 hp easy with a mild motor won't be given away by me.

I need to see how the mods to the oil system are done, then I can do the work.

Too many cars, too many parts, too little coin, too little space to work in, too little time left to make it all happen! Update: down to one ride, still too many parts, a little more jingle in the pocket, gaining space, and it's going to happen this year!