Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PPG BASE / CLEAR .....

PS: proper prep-work makes all the difference.

Rickster

PPG's DBU basecoat is the best and easyest system to use but with the EPA you cant get it especially here in California. Now with having to use HVLP Guns and compliant materials were stuck using not so user friendly paints unless you have a nice heated well lit downdraft booth.
I painted my Dart with Dupont Cromax because it was given to me but Hard to get to cover and mettalics you have to realy finnesse while spraying.
Iv'e sprayed a couple cars with Duponts Cromax Water base and I struggled on both cars. Silver is definatly hard with waterborne, all conditions need to be perfect. Dupont's Elete Basecoat is very durrable, Most Big Rig trucks use it from the factory but again you need a good booth for it to come out nice without major cutting and pollishing.
If i had my choice I would use PPG's DBU Basecoat system but you need to check to see if you can get it in your area.

I still use DBU everyday.I love it.I've used everthing under the sun.I think the time is coming for me to give it up with all the water bullChit,LOL

No problem getting it here in sunny floriduh

Rickster