Quote:

For all you Paint and Body guys.. Its time to paint the new hot rod and the body shop that it will be going to, is under contract with Dupont paint.. so I have a couple of questions for ya..

1) Is Dupont hard enough to survive the race track? That includes removing the fiberglass hood, front end and trunk lid.. The paint on my 73 scratches so easily.. all you have to do is hold a screwdriver tip a foot away and its scratched.. So I would like a hard paint that will hold up to the typical bumps, knicks and scratches

I painted my car in 1981 with DuPont CENTARI acrylic enamel.It's got a few nicks here and there,but it has held up very well and still has a nice gloss after 30 years.

2) I havent decided on the final color yet, but am leaning towards silver, orange or lime green... is there any pro's or con's to these colors..?

Orange and red are more expensive paint

3) Will there be a difference in color when applied to the steel body vs the fiberglass parts? I remember the two tone look of the GM's a few years back when they had the plastic bumper covers..

No,my car has a fiberglass hood and the basic prep is the same as if it were steel.The color is the same also.

4) Is there a website that shows paint samples for the Dupont paint?
The DuPont site has their own "Hot Hues" which is similar to House Of Kolor paint. You can also go to a paint store and look at a color chip book.

Lastly, for those that are curious.. its a tubbed 70 Duster.. and feel free to offer any other suggestions or advise..

Thanks in advance

2)

6401379-demon.jpg (44 downloads)

Nautilus Racing-
We use Superformance gaskets and Turbo Action converters/products.