Quote:

Im curious to see a girdled block that did have block failure? just curious as I cant ever recall seeing a post on here or someone posted pics of a split block or anything when it had a girlde on! not saying they aint out there just curious if anyone had it happen

............Yep! had no problems breaking one.......BCR aluminum caps, hard blocked to the bottoms of the soft plugs, and a girdle, [can't remember the manufacturer right now], Car ran 9.75, at 138, car weighed 3300 lbs. never dynoed it, so you would have to use the formulas to figure the HP, engine lasted about 150 1/8th mile runs, and 20-30 1/4 mile passes, pulled it apart last winter to freshen, and discovered the block broken in several places, on the main webs. had a machine shop build a new one without all the crap, just used a good later model 440 block with the thicker castings, steel caps, and no girdle or hard block, have about 100 runs into this motor so far, it is actually faster, runs 6teens, 111mph, in the 1/8th mile, so far no problems, but I have not torn it down either. I do have a very nice girdle just sitting here, can look up the manufacturer if anyone is interested, I won't go that route again.