Quote:

That cam has a ton of duration. I've never used anything that large before in any of my dyno testing. Guess maybe I should try it some day just to see how it stacks up.

My 514 engine makes about 850 hp with a cam that is only 266 at 050. So I'm not sure why I would need 24 more degrees of duration?

440Jim is running the Comp MM 305 which is 279 at 50 on the intake side with .650 lift. So the 324/.650 has the same lift but another 11 degrees of duration at 050. I'm not sure that adding that much duration to a car like Jim's would make him quicker. In fact, it might make the bottom end soggy and slow him down?

I think the reason that cam is so big is because it was designed to work with ported 452 heads that didn't really flow all that well. At least that is what I was always told. Like I said, I've never put it on the dyno to see how it compares to a more aggressive cam like the MM 305.

With todays heads, that much duration is not needed and to much, IMO. I too feel it was intended for the poorer flowing steel factory heads. mike

Last edited by Sport440; 12/27/10 08:14 PM.