Quote:

Quote:

People didnt understand why I went with a 4.44 bore on my Maxx block instead of going straight to a 4.5 bore...
For the future over bore's. I would say power diff would go to the stronger, bore with minimal flex also.

.030 won't do anything for stability the way the sleeve is mounted in the aluminum block. I'll take the unshrouded valves of the bigger bore everytime. if i'm worried about stability i'll build a iron or cgi block.

Good points
I still dont think .030-.060 is going to make a noticeable power diff. They obviously know something if the block engineers say dont go more than 4.505 bore
Care to comment on the lash growth on the Maxx block? Seems excessive compared to other aluminum blocks.
As much as the lash grows on those, yea I worry about ring seal.
I would set the lash at .005 cold and it would be .020-.022 hot. No question ring seal would also vary....
People dont choose a Aluminum block for ring seal thats all Im trying to say. Then complicate the issue with bore the sleeves to exceed maximum bore spec.
Now a CG block, that would be a ultimate. I tried to obtain one, seems they liked the idea of it better than the actual product.

[color:"red"]65 Hemi Belvedere coming soon [/color]
[color:"#00FF00"]557" Indy engine 1.07 60ft 144mph in the 8th 2100 lbs package [/color]