Quote:

Call Tim Hyatt,

Hyatt Racing Services, Inc.
13429 State Route 86
Painesville, OH 44077
Phone: (440) 254-1311

I second that recommendation. I put one of his Mcleod based slipper clutches in. Now I don't have to worry about the clutch. Much lighter pedal than the old Hays Pro Stock was. I toasted the clutch that replaced that one in only 8 runs (going from the 383 to a 452 MIGHT have had something to do with it ), hence the going to Tim. If you are on a budget he will work with you and suggest the alternatives. For example, I got an iron ring on the pressure plate instead of an aluminum ring with replaceable faces. Saved several hundred dollars. Of course, it can only be ground so many times; everything is a tradeoff. No problem driving on the street. Just tighten it up for the street, loosen for the track. Now the weak link is the 23 spline but with the slipper clutch it should live for a while yet until someone gives me a Jerico or Nash.

We are running a 70 RR with little lightening which does not help. The engine is a Performance Only built 452 B block with 4.3 S60 rear.

Definitely go to the umtrnorth.com site as Mloboda mentioned. A wealth of information.

Here is the Tim Hyatt clutch. You will need to drill one hole in the transmission mounting face of the scattershield to adjust the pressure. Be sure to mark the harmonic damper so you know when the adjusters align with the adjusting hole. Had the flywheel lightened at the same time. Still neutral balanced of course. It works with a standard throwout bearing, fork and linkage so no changes there. Getting the disk from him is much cheaper than through Mcleod. He just puts in whatever hub your tranny needs. It can even be changed if necessary (say you switch from a 23 spline to an 18 spline).

https://www.facebook.com/THENEWCDRA

Proud member of the liberal scientific elite