Quote:

I have Wilwoods on the front of my car and MW on the back. After working on the Wilwoods for a few years I've finally gotten them to work, more or less. Just a lot of little problems that, in my opinion, make them less than desirable.

Now that they mostly work, the biggest issue is the pads wear on a taper from top to bottom. That means the pedal starts going away because the pads push the pistons back into the caliper. I've only been getting around 75 - 100 passes before the pads need attention. My Mark Williams pads have around 200 passes now and look almost new. No taper at all.

I'm actually on my second set of Wilwoods because the first set self destructed in about 10 passes. That was back when I was only running about 130.

I ended up needing to change to a different style rotor than the ones they originally recommended. From day 1 I've had to fight to get tham bled.

Just my (and a few of my friends) experience. Lots of other people have been happy with them. They are definately cheaper.

Fair enough, appreciate the response. Sucks that you had all of those problems. The only thing I remember having a problem with Ww's was they came with "green" pads (IIRC) and on a heavy '70 RR vert we had to go to the "brown" pads to correct a premature pad wear problem. This was years ago, so the colors might not be correct

'65 Belvedere
'68 GTX
'57 Dodge pickup