Thanks again for the advice everyone. Cab, as always for the tech tips.

Everyone I know has a truck with a Dana 60, 70, 44, or both. I have something like five 60's and four 44's under my shop roof. It seems that if I am going to service them over my lifetime (I'm 32) that it would make life easier to buy a spreader in the long run. That said here and there I help out and do a gear swap or rebuild hence my "forever busy" statement. Sheesh.

I thought about making one but work is killing me so tool making isn't in the time budget. Everyone I know needed one at one time or another so I guess I'll be the guy everyone calls to borrow it ($$$ ).

How does the tool work that surfaces the case? I haven't been able to find any pictures of one in action. If I wasn't in no-man's land it would be easier and cheaper to take stuff somewhere but at this point my experience in Klamath has been horrible.

I'm glad some of you guys are not totally against someone buying tools and trying to do things by the book. Even if I did one Dana 60, so what if a guy wants to master differential rebuilding with his own hard earned money and time?