Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Leafs are the same width - 2.5". Going with single leaf springs, your issues are going to be with pinion angle.

I just got it all put together but haven't checked the pinion angle yet. How much did you notice yours being off after going to the monoleafs?

Well, let me clearify that I am putting single leaf CatTracs on a late B with an ISO system and 3800 lb HD ( 22" front section ) 5 leaf springs. That system had a 3.5* diff angle. My intention was to use the stock ISO perches and just beef them and modify the locator hole to accept the 1/2" centering pin on the single leaf springs ( also 22" front section). When I bolted it back up, my diff angle was now at 11*! Way too much to shim or do anything with. Torched everything off and I am going to start over with new perches from Calvert. They make the best I've seen BTW. You may not have the same issues, but make sure you measure if you are using your existing spring perches over as I just about guarantee there will be some change.

I may be lucky however because just realized that I purchased my diff from a member here who was running caltracs and monoleafs as well. My guess is he had already checked pinion angle when he moved the perches in 3/4".

Fingers crossed at least..

'70 Duster - SDSS 436 W5 4spd (Gone)
'71 Dodge D100
'70 Dodge W100