Do any of you guys think changing the indexes will solve, improve or change anything? That is the question we were asked, do you want the indexes changed, that was it. Do you honestly think lowering S/G to 8.90 will change things? IMO the only thing it will change is to lighten peoples wallets, exclude many cars and make costs go up. Some will have to spend money to simply be able to run the index, there are a LOT of 9.20 S/G and 8.20 S/C cars out there still. Also the big MPH stuff will continue, it is just gonna cost more to get there. But believe me the money will be spent. May take a year or two for that to happen but believe me it will. Many folks beleive having the MPH advantage is a big enough deal to go out ans spend the money to make it happen and will do what is necessary to make it happen. For those who cant aford to step it up I guess they will just sit on the sidelines or take up fishing. Is that what some of you really want?

BTW ding ding ding, Eric we have a winner But I knew you knew the info question is how many of the nay sayers knew that? Trying to get a heavy car to cut a lite on a .370 tree is not gonna happen. At least not good enough to be consistent. You either need a flywieght car or BIG power to do it. One reason there are so many roadsters and ex pro stockers in S/G. To cut a light WITH numbers in the box and the ability to run big MPH is a by product of these type of cars.

BTW I also agree with most of what MoparBilly said as well. Also with Chris on most points, particularly the ballast rules as they pertain to S/ST. I know of cars with a LOT of weight added to them to make the 2800lbs. I think the weight min needs to stay where it is for the class.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"