One thing, that most people tend to overlook, is that a converter is not an exact science. You may get two supposedly identical converters from two different companies and they act totally different. You may even get two from the SAME company that act different. Like I said, they are not an exact science and two different people, read the same build sheet, there could be some differences, as a lot of the fin work, is done by hand.

The chances of getting the "PERFECT" converter, the first time, from ANY company, are slim, but most don't have a lot lying around to try, to determine this.

Does PTC make a quality converter...yes they do.....does Coan make a quality converter....yes they do. Just because one is faster than the other, does not mean it is a better converter, it just means it suits your combo better than the other.

I can't speak for Coan, because I don't know their policy, but I believe that PTC offers one, free stall change, within a reasonable amount of time, with every new converter they sell, because even they know, you don't get it perfect every time.

I use PTC converters in our drag radial car. We have (3) bolt together converters and (6) stators and every combination of them has been in the car at one time or another. Thats how often we swap converters, looking for the proper one, for given weather and track conditions.

Monte