Quote:

Quote:

nless you are Ronnie Sox's ghost, the auto is going to be quicker in most cases.

Agreed, Ronnie was the best known Mopar 4 speed racer ever as far as I'm concerned, fast and consistant (and it his consistancy is what made him a legend, not just a few quick passes).

So, don't go thinking that he's the only one able to speed shift an 833 (no clutch etc.) it's a learned technique, some can master it, some can't. Few can do it consistantly. Bottom line, stock for stock a 4 speed trans vs an automatic the 4 speed is going to offer the quickest/fastest 1/4 mile speed POTENTIAL, the rest is up to the driver.

Not trying to beat this one to death and I don't dissagree for the most part, but there is only one 4 spd in the top 10 PS cars for a legitimate reason......and it ain't 'cause those guys want to go slower. I will concede that there is undoubtably some improvement in the automatics internals....even on these "stock" cars!

Sure some guys can shift a 833 like it was an extension of themselves and I'm sure the consistency can be learned. I still think my car will be no slower as an automatic and that it will be easier to launch and easier on parts and the unibody.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]