Hello. I bought a '72 Plymouth Satellite with a 400, a Holly Street Dominator intake, and an Edelbrock 1406 4BBL carburator.

My question has to do with the linkage. When I got it, the linkage was jury-rigged. When pressing on the gas pedal to WOT, the linkage would foul. (A no-good way.)

After looking around a bit, I found the part that Edelbrock makes (1481) which is supposed to extend the side of the throttle out about an inch or so. Unfortunately, this doesn't help at all.

The transmission kick-down is a one-piece, similar to what you'd see in any Chilton's manual where it lists a "V8 automatic linkage used with V8 single section throttle rod", but both the pics shown in my Chiltons' guides show that one-piece as being attached to a single barrel carb...or a two barrel car. (But most definitely not to a 4BBL.)

I took some shots of the carb, if you follow this link to my photobucket page, you can see how the linkages are cockeyed now.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28311612@N03/

So the question (finally) is, where do I find the brackets to move my throttle cable and my kick-down assembly that one inch or so to the left?

Thanks much, in advance, for any advice or assistance.

--Dave