Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I have mine on too. They work and I have always thought they looked cool.

I'm sorry but I always thought they looked dorky. Look how low to the ground yours are. lol Plus a pinion snubber weighs alot less.

you dont think the front springmounts ataching to what litle frame is available under these cars would be a better place to direct all the rotational forces from the rear axle compared to putting all that force straight up into the much thinner floor?

Someone must know what the Mopar engineers had in mind when they specified the snubber and said not to use the trac bars. I know we are killing this topic but I'm a sucker for these two sided arguments. I'll see what I can dig up from my old books.

If I can ever find them, somewhere I have the factory HP manuals I got from Mopar in the 70's. The rear end manual stated that using traction bars on a 8.75 rear with a higher torque motor such as a BB could cause the housing to twist.
I had bought a set for my 69 Charger R/T but never installed them after reading this. That was in 1976.

72 Satellite Sebring Plus 440, 72 Dart 5.9 4-spd, 68 Valiant, 73 W200, 78 D100 sb, 78 D200, 98 DAKOTA, .
Moparmarks Parts & Restorations
Desert Mopar Metal
Grand Jct. CO
970-261-7039
http://moparmark.com/
motormangj@gmail.com