Quote:

Most everyone read the issues I had at norwalk, so tonight I decided to take the car to ORP and see if all my findings corrected the issues with fuel pressure and timing.... First pass off the trailer 8.97 at 157....pretty nice I thought. Car pulled well, hooked good with a 1.37 short time and 5.82 @123 at the 1/8th....

So My buddy Phil (philbilly) decided it was time to play with the boost controller so we could start to make some more steam in the first part of the track. Now mind you, he is the crew chief for Corey Mac, and has a very fast 4.20's in the 1/8th nitrous mustang so I dont mind him helping me out... so we set up a map where if the car was making 2 lbs we turned it up to 4 and if it was making 5bs we turned it up to 10 and if it was making 15 lbs we turned it up to 20 so we should see some good gains, but we were not just cranking the thing up to max volume.....this is where it gets good.....

Stage the car, put it on the tbrake, and I can tell its makin more power because I can feel it pushing thru the brake a little bit....light goes green and for the first time in the car I thought holy sh%t this is gonna be fun, all I can see is sky, all I can hear is the whistle of the turbo, and in 1.03 seconds according to the racepak, it was all over, car comes down hard and huge bang, clunk, clunk, clunk turn the car off and roll towards the wall. thoughts run wild...its all over, there are gonna be bill miller rods all over ORP....Copes transmission is gonna have a chunks hanging out....wait, do I still have both feet, ok good.... is it the flexplate, u-joints....what could it be.
Jump out of the car and there is not a lick of fluid on the track...nothing I can see is broken, 4 wheeler pulls up and tows me back to the pit...clunk, clunk, clung, grind, clunk clunk.... get back and start her up to investigate....cars cranks ok, starts ok...put her in gear, drive shaft spins and thats it.....clunk clunk clunk.....I blew up the rear end....Dana S60 with a tru-trac and 3:55 gears.... 35 spline axles....not sure whats broke.....but its effin broke.... Tomorrow a call to DTS to see what they want me to do.... Mike up there was certain that with a radial street tire and a turbo I wouldnt brake that tru-trac, but it could be ring and pinion I guess. Time will tell.

So we pull the racepak to see what it shows and the boost controller must not have worked as planned. we left at 4lbs like anticapated and in 1.03 seconds it ramped to 24lbs of boost, which I know by dyno experience, thats about 1250hp and 1000ft lbs of torque... it felt amazing, like I was on a ride to outerspace....for a brief second.....

So its broke, and next year...it will be faster!!!!!!

get that rear fixed and bring to my indoor track aka chassis dyno and save lots of time getting that thing fiqured out