Quote:

This actually makes no sense because the cams "power range" is only at WOT, no one cruises at WOT unless you have a slant six in a dump truck. All new cars cruise at a much lower RPM than the peak TQ because they get the best MPG at a lower RPM. People just say this beause they want an excuse to drive fast, I however don't need any excuse, I just drive fast because it's fun

You are mistaken, it's called torque...ya know that thing that comes on when you get into the power band of the cam...
While it's true that lower rpms typically net you more mpg, it's also staying in the torque curve/power curve/band or whatever you decide to call today..
As in ...if your mill has a cam advertised 3000-6500, you are better off reving inside of 3000 than 2000 rpm.

Ever have to down shift and stomp on it to get up that hill?
you wouldn't be mashin the pedal if you were in the usable power range to begin with.

ahh you'll figure it someday.

uhh, again, the torque/HP peaks you usually see are based on WOT....run a dyno sweep of the motor at 1/2 throttle and see if the HP and tq peak RPMS change....

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)