Quote:

Thanks Bob, I checked it with mikes and a dial bore gauge. The crank was extremely close on all the mains, I will check the roundness tomorrow.
Heres a question for you... if I'm looking for .001" more clearance on three mains. wouldnt it be simpler and more efficient time wise to just get 3 x bearing with .001 more clearance? How far off could the main bore be to clamp .001 too tight?
I deffinately agree that the mains and rods need to be perfect, and I am attemting to get them there.
Thanks

Good question, the + bearings might work, but in my case, and probably yours the whole main bore wasnt consistent. Im not going to say it wont work, but if the bore is egg shaped its just not a good fix. If the bore is egg shaped, you add the over sized bearings while it might give you some extra clearance, when you torque the cap down that saddle is now egg shaped also.
Talk to your machinist, and ask what it would cost to fix it properly. Heck a set of main bearings is $100 now. If I could have the block lined honed for a hair more that would be better. Talk to him get his take on what should be done.

[color:"red"]65 Hemi Belvedere coming soon [/color]
[color:"#00FF00"]557" Indy engine 1.07 60ft 144mph in the 8th 2100 lbs package [/color]