Well I just pulled the other head and theres another pistons just like the one on the other side and 2 other pistons that look like they melted a little on the thin areas on the ousides of the deep vavle pockets, looks like a new set of pistons is a definate. Good news is that those cylinder walls look just as good, crosshatch and no ridge!!!!!

Strange thing is, I measured the lobe lift and got .295 on the intake and exhaust, so if there 1.5 rockers that comes out to .4425. Seems awfully low for all that crazy valve train mods and super deep cut valve reliefs. Wonder if someone poped in a new cam at some point hoping to make it more streetable.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, I placed a magnetic base in the valley and put the dial indicator on the cam lobe when theres no lift and zeroed it out. Then I turned over the engine till the lift stoped and it was at its peak. So that is a correct way to determine lobe lift is it not? Just checking.

Now I have to get my 360 off the engine stand so I can get this on it and see what the bottom end looks like. So it looks for now, that I'm looking at new pistons or used, I found a set of the same pistons that the seller is willing to mill down to my desired height so I may go that rought so the ballance is close. Then hopefully I can get away with just a hone, rings, and bearings barring the crank looks good, and a new cam.

Also noticed that the head chambers have been polished smooth so I'll cc the heads to see where I'm at. Hopefully I can still get this built with minimal funds and end up with a motor I can live with a loooong time.

Butch

1972 Duster 318 4 speed 1958 392 Hemi engine waiting to be built!!!!!