Quote:

Back in mid 70s I was racing for $1,000 and vacation trip supposed to be a street tire inspected etc. I run threw to end with 3 cars I was the bye due to perfect reaction time.I going to stage when official runs up and says that a car was Missed?? up comes a 440 dart with slicks and open headers. I protested I went threw 3 rounds and won this JA had not run one. The Dart dials 14.0 yea right I'm dialed 14.2 away we go he throttles back and nails it on the light to bump his bumper ahead of mine takes win. Ok I ate crow next weekend same thing this time all out drag car in staging lanes as street car. A very well known local racer I end up with him on line next to me. This time I'm a wise [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] I change dial to 15.0 and open up bottle. His car had run low to mid 11s so he dials 12.5. This had to be the start of the slowest race ever I literally idled down track shifting at 4 grand and gambled. saw him running up on me for easy kill or so he thought I jammed the gear down hit the shot and away I went to a win! right on my dial how I never know. I was the winner or so I thought I was accused of sand bagging, when I questioned his 12.5 dial that was irrelevent. I was a sandbagger and therefore either run again or leave I took them up on leave but on the way out there fence gate got accidently ran down, by parties unknown? Oh well thats the fun of racing in the old days

Sand bagging does not apply in a bracket race

Yes I live in Michigan, so there is still 1 light on