I'm stealing idea this from dragraceresults.com...what is some of the funny things you've heard or said in the staging lanes? Here's my favorite...
Sitting in the lanes at Norwalk waiting for round 1. I'm on the hood of my "race" car at the time, a rusty, brown, slant six powered '78 Aspen with a fair amount of racing stickers. The guy behind me with his mid 80s Camaro and his boys are talking loudly enough for me to hear what a POS my car is, shouldn't be on the track, easy first round, yadda, yadda. I say nothing, but a young guy I know hears it all. "Aren't you gonna say anything to these clowns?" "Nah, I'll show him on track." He sneaks over into the group and listens to them for a minute, and says "So, you're pretty sure about beating that heap in front of you, huh?" The driver the laughs and lets loose a rather profane 30 second attack on my car, me, my mental state, my manhood, etc. The young guy looks at him right in the eyes and says, "Dude, Ron's going to kick your a$$. Enjoy your ride home in about 5 minutes." My .007 to his .128, and I gave a friendly wave as he was driving towards the gate...

Ron H.
"Just when you think you have all of the answers...I change the questions!" "Rowdy" Roddy Piper