Quote:

Mafo

Here is my plans. The block has had several freeze plug failures and has 120,000 miles in short trip driving. Hot tank block freeze plugs and cam bearings. I plan on a Custom Set of Daimond slugs. Looking for maximum quench minimum compression. I mean maximum on the quench scary tight clearance considered by most. Then I am planning a dish that would make one think I was running a turbo deisel. I already have a set of Iron Ram heads.

Then going to do some intake work with the stock intake. In your case you probably are not concerned with stock appearance. The Hughes Edelbrock FI intake is supposed to be the stuff. I just want stock appearance for those that keep missing that. I also have no concerns with performance over 3,000 RPM. And by posting this in the race only section people just can't grasp that one.LOL Just figured more likely to find someone in here with pictures than in the general forum.

Came up lite on the pictures and heavy on the opinions.

Leon

so is this for a 360 that's in the R/T or a 318? I wouldn't go too big on dish...I'd aim for ~10-10.5:1 compression with tight quench. might be suprised at what you can get away with compression wise with tight quench. if it does ping a bit on high load, you could look at water injection like the turbo guys use

for a cam, I'd probably look at getting the cam reground by bullet, looking at the HR252/320 or HR253/305 lobe for the intake, and the HRL256A lobe for the exhaust (http://bulletcams.com/Masters/HRlobes.htm) and maybe see if they could regrind it a little tighter, like on a 110-112LSA vs. the factory magnum's 114, and install it ~106-108 ICL.

I don't understand the need for expensive pistons, I'd probably look at flat tops (KB107 or 167's depending on displacement, or their forged counterparts), and if you wanted to keep compression down on a 360, some KB362's or the icon 742's....

hotroddave had good luck running a high compression 318 (IIRC he was around 10:1 with 302 heads and KB167's at 0 deck) and using a 273 solid cam (240/240 adv, IIRC)...IIRC it ran on 87 or 89 octane without knock. he also got 29mpg in his A body with a t-quad.

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)