Ok having problems with a 68 charger. The customer put a 440 in it that I think came out of a 73 truck. He used the pump that came on the motor when he got it. He had a mechanic shop put a seal kit in it. It started leaking again and he at 1st thought it was the new steering sector we got for the car. I got him a replacement one and him and another guy put it in. I took a look at it and said it wasn't the sector that itwas the seal on the pump. We tried getting 2 from a local parts house and both have been wrong. They took the old one and are trying to figure out that way.

My question is how many different types of pumps did chrysler use? Where else can a guy find a good one? Not looking for a numbers correct just one that works! Also I know this but someone told the customer that you can use ATF in power steering systems. I told him yeah in new cars but not in old cars. What is the real reason to that? Is the ATF too strong for the seals? He seen that the other shop has red fluid in there and then someone said yeah you can use ATF so they did.

thanks
corey

Contact Me about AMD Prices