Well I think I found something.

Located a pair of the long discontinued .840 B body drag torsion bars for sale and bought 'em. They showed up and have been kicking around here for a little while.

I wanted to set the front end height the same as before so...before pulling the old bars out I got to doing some measurements and looking at a few things, and then I noticed the damn front shocks are too short!

With the rebound bumpers taken completely out, the front end can only move up about 3/8" before the shocks run out of travel....the upper control arm never even touches the rebound bumper.

Gee whiz, maybe that's why my car has never picked the front end up worth beans? Maybe that's why I can adjust the shocks to full loose and they always feel the same?

Common problem?

I found some cheap shock extensions that look like they'll work if I cut them to length.

When I extend the shock, then it seems like it'd also help to have some shorter bump stops for the upper control arms? Does anybody have a part number or source for such an animal?

Can't believe I never noticed this before, but honestly I never took the time to look

Thx

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri