Quote:

Quote:

MP springs, nuf said.

They don't have the greatest rep for quality or maintaining spring rate.

You're right at the upper limits of those springs. Aggressive ramp designs makes it even tougher.

How hard were you turning it when valve float occurred?

Well, the issue is that I can't get it to Rev more than 4800, since day one. Sometimes better, but most of the time worse.

Again, I really think that the problem is that the springs were never installed correctly. That is, "incorrect spring height".

I could be wrong, but until I check it myself, that is my theory.

Tim...

MP springs pretty much suck IMO. Whether they are installed correctly or not. Having them incorrectly installed sure doesn't help. That's a pretty aggressive ramp on those cams.

If they aren't installed to spec, have too much installed height, you're losing seat and pressure along the lift range. That cam should have something in the 130-140 on the seat and probably 330-350 over the nose. If you have stock style rockers, they tend to have issues at rates much over 300.

Get a couple of them off and test them on a Rimac. Find out the height they get 130# and coil bind. Do some math to figure out whether coil bind is an issue and spring rate at max lift.

Good luck. I bet they are all over the map as far as installed height based in the assemblers answer. Only takes one to cause an issue. Get them where they should be and let it fly.